|Share the learning joy!|
Vietnam War Printable Pop Quiz
|www.studenthandouts.com > U.S. History > Decades of Change > Miscellaneous|
Multiple-Choice Questions: Scroll down for a printable version of this quiz. There are 10 multiple-choice questions & one essay question.|
1. The U.S. campaign of aerial bombardment against North Vietnam, begun in March of 1965, was known as Operation _____.
2. What European country controlled Vietnam until World War II?
3. Which of the following was not used by the American military in Vietnam?
4. Who led the Viet Minh in the early 1900s?
5. According to what Cold War philosophy did the United States believe that, if Vietnam fell to communism, all of southeastern Asia would fall to communism?
6. Where was the United States Navy allegedly attacked in 1964?
7. The Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army launched the _____ in 1968.
8. The Ohio National Guard shot and killed student anti-war protestors on the campus of what college in 1970?
9. The report “United States-Vietnam Relations, 1945-1967: A Study Prepared by the Department of Defense,” published by the New York Times in 1971, is better known as what?
10. When did Saigon fall to the North Vietnamese?
DBQ: Document-Based Essay Questions
Base your answer to the questions below on the following statement and on your knowledge of social studies.
"Our purpose in Vietnam is to prevent the success of aggression. It is not conquest, it is not empire, it is not foreign bases, it is not domination. It is simply put, just to prevent the forceful conquest of South Vietnam by North Vietnam."
President Lyndon B. Johnson
Imagine that you are an American reading these words in 1966. How might you react to this statement (belief, disbelief, support, condemnation)? Would you support American involvement in Vietnam? Might your opinions have changed by late 1968? Include facts regarding the Vietnam War in your answer.