A Long Time Ago Short Story with Worksheets | Student Handouts
 
Welcome to Student Handouts--www.studenthandouts.com! 100% free teaching materials for students in kindergarten through high school--lesson plans, worksheets, PowerPoints, outlines, interactive games, puzzles, and so much more!
 
A Long Time Ago Short Story
 
 
A Long Time Ago - Free printable short story with worksheets for kids (PDF files).
More Free Teaching Materials for K-12

The Artless Anglers Poem Worksheets

We do not overreact when we do not get our way.

A Morning Ride Poem Worksheets
 
 
"....And, oh! what a lovely rummage we had in dear Auntie's boxes for clothes to dress up in!

She lent us her beautiful silks and satins, but made us promise to be very careful of them.

And then we made crowns out of cardboard, and painted them with green, and red, and blue, until they looked quite covered with emeralds, rubies, and sapphires.

And Papa's silver-headed cane made a lovely sceptre; and we made flags out of handker­chiefs...."


Click here to print the short story by Edric Vredenburg.


Click here to print the worksheet to the right, featuring questions based on the text.
A Long Time Ago - Free printable short story with worksheets for kids (PDF files).
 
 
A Long Time Ago - Free printable short story with worksheets for kids (PDF files).A Long Time Ago - Free printable short story with worksheets for kids (PDF files).
  
Click here to print the word search puzzle. Click here to print the vocabulary worksheet.
 
 
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.3.3: Describe characters in a story (e.g., their traits, motivations, or feelings) and explain how their actions contribute to the sequence of events.