|Share the learning joy!|
Tang and Song Dynasties of China
|1. What is the capital
city of China today?|
b. Hong Kong
2. What city (modern-day Xi’an) was the world’s most populous city, and the capital of Tang-era China from 618 until 904 CE?
3. What tested knowledge of Confucian principles and writing skills, and were used to determine who would fill bureaucratic government positions?
a. admissions tests
b. AP tests
c. civil service examinations
d. proficiency examinations
4. The abacus, block printing, and gunpowder were developed during the Tang and Song dynasties of China. True or false?
5. What group formed the top level of Chinese society during the Tang and Song dynasties?
6. What traditional Chinese medical practice involves the therapeutic insertion of needles into the human body?
7. What penal code, with lists of offenses and punishments based on the offender and victim’s relational positions in society, was created in 624 CE under Emperor Gaozu?
a. Justinian Code
b. Song Code
c. Tang Code
d. Twelve Tables
8. China’s first mosque was built in Canton following an embassy sent by Caliph Uthman in 651 CE. True or false?
9. What city served as the Song capital between 1127 and 1276?
10. What city served as the Song capital between 960 and 1127?
11. All of China has a subtropical climate. True or false?
12. Which statement about the Tang dynasty is a fact rather than an opinion?
a. Artisans during the Tang dynasty created China’s most
beautiful porcelain pottery.
b. Chang’an served as the capital city from 618 until 904
c. Patriarchy was proven to be the best possible social
d. The Tang dynasty was the most religiously tolerant
society until the United States.
13. According to census reports, what was the approximate population of China during the 7th and 8th centuries?
14. A strong emperor encourages _____ government.
15. What religion became a major influence on Chinese
culture during the Tang dynasty?
16. What Chinese emperor, who came to power in 627 CE, implemented education and government reforms?
a. Mao Tse-tung
c. Shih Huang Ti
d. T’ai Tsung
17. A _____ is a series of rulers from the same family.
18. What substance, first used to create fireworks, began to be used as a weapon during the Tang dynasty?
d. papier mache
Click here to print. Click here for the answer key. Click here for more free Social Studies printable worksheets. For more educational materials related to the history of ancient eastern Asia, click here.
|Ancient East Asia Books and Films||Ancient East Asia Outlines and Powerpoints|
|Ancient East Asia Maps and Pictures||Ancient East Asia Online Study Games|
|Ancient East Asia Miscellany||Ancient East Asia Worksheets|