Click here to print.
1. Explain the concept of nativism.
2. Illustrate the journey of new immigrants made to reach Ellis Island.
3. Compare and contrast the screening processes for new immigrants at Angel Island and Ellis Island.
4. Summarize the legislation that curtailed immigration from Asia.
5. Nativists feared that the new immigrants were from inferior races of people and that these new immigrants would take nativists’ jobs. Given the contributions that the new immigrants made toward building modern America, were these fears justified? Why or why not?