Pop Quiz on the Punic Wars
|Free Printable Pop Quiz (PDF File) for World History > Ancient Rome > Ancient Rome Miscellany|
1. The Roman general _____ is famous for defeating Hannibal during the Second Punic War.|
2. Rome built _____ fleets, each destroyed in turn, before mastering naval warfare.
3. The Romans lost over 50,000 soldiers at the Battle of _____ (216 B.C.E.).
4. Each Roman province was governed by a _____.
5. Carthage’s advantage was in its _____.
6. Who ended all of his speeches with the warning: “Carthago delenda est!” (“Carthage must be destroyed!”)?
7. Carthage was located near present-day _____.
8. Hannibal suffered his first and only defeat at the Battle of _____ (202 B.C.E.).
9. Carthaginian government :
10. Rome ended Greek independence in _____ B.C.E.
11. During the _____ Punic War, Hannibal led 60,000 men and dozens of elephants from Spain to Italy.
12. _____ were Roman warships.
13. Punic is Latin for _____.
14. Carthage’s army was staffed by _____.
15. The Second Punic War (218-201 B.C.E.) was fought over _____.
16. Rome’s new weapon, the _____, forced ship crews to fight one another on deck by lashing ships together.
17. The First Punic War (264-241 B.C.E.) was fought over _____.
18. The Third Punic War was fought in _____ B.C.E.
|Ancient Rome Books and Films||Ancient Rome Outlines and Powerpoints|
|Ancient Rome Maps and Pictures||Ancient Rome Online Study Games|
|Ancient Rome Miscellany||Ancient Rome Worksheets|